General Questions

Q. What Regions / Areas do you serve?

A : Home base is Coeur d' Alene Idaho. However, Jeff has work placed across the nation, and most can be easily shipped just about anywhere. If your interested in commissioning a sculpture and live in the northwest we take regular trips to the coast… It’s quite possible to pre-arrange a free or low cost delivery while in route near the Interstate 90 from Coeur d Alene to the greater Seattle area. For more information about this contact Jeff via e-mail and see what can be worked out…

Q. Is your studio open to the public?

A: Yes, Jeff works from his home-based studio on ten beautiful acres in Northern Idaho. If you’d like to stop by, please call ahead and schedule a visit in advance.

Q. How do I commission a sculpture from Jeff May Art?

A: The best way to start a commission is to reach out and schedule some time to chat with Jeff directly over the phone Below are some of the questions that will be discussed:

Location:

  • Where is the project based ?
  • Will the Artwork require installation, and if so what are the site
  • locations details: - Access ( Terrain, gates / gate codes) - Permits ( CC&R & or County code compliance

Budget:

Its often a good idea to come up with a rough budget ahead of time, as the budget guides the more creative aspects of the sculpture itself, letting jeff know how best to proceed. Once the budget is established Jeff will work on some design concepts that fit into the budget and submit them for your approval . If you approve the design, a 10% deposit (based on total project estimate) will secure your spot in his workload. Once the project is started an additional 40% is required and the remaining 50% balance is due upon completion. Payment method preferred is Personal Check, however you may also pay by credit card.

Timeline:

Jeff does mostly commission work, and with that said, each project is approached on a first come, first serve basis based on the date project deposits are received. Jeff will be able to give you a rough idea of a projected completion date based on his current workload and the projects scope.

Q. What subjects are possible ?

A : Here are a list of possibilities:

  • Architectural Carving (beams, mantels, doors, benches)
  • Indoor (relief panels, fine art bronze, detailed chainsaw art)
  • Outdoor (fine art bronze, detailed chainsaw art)
  • Abstract Mountain Contemporary
  • Figurative (human focused art)
  • Wildlife

Above are very general categories but will help you to identify the main type of art you might be looking for. Many people approach Jeff not knowing exactly what they’re looking for and request an onsite visit, which can also be arranged. You can always browse the online gallery for a glimpse at previous work...

Q: Can I purchase sculptures at your gallery?

A: There is often a handful of available pieces for purchasing directly, You can also view available art by visiting the “Available Art” section of the Gallery. The Studio is open by appointment only, so we suggest calling ahead to schedule a visit.